Help Protect the Future You’re Working So Hard to Build
As a resident, a disability program specifically designed for your profession can be an important foundation for your long-term financial well-being. While it may seem difficult to take on another bill at this point in your life, the best time to buy disability income insurance is while you are young and healthy.
With AAFP Disability Income Insurance, you can apply during your residency for up to $3,500 a month in benefits. That’s income you can use to help pay for your living expenses and financial obligations such as student loans, credit card debts and car payments in the event a covered accident or illness keeps you from continuing your medical training or working as a physician.
Protect Your Personal Investment in Medicine With These Important Features
- Up to $3,500 a month – regardless of income
- Benefits paid to age 67
- Affordable group rates
- Attractive tax treatment
- Full benefits paid – regardless of other coverage
- Guaranteed Future Purchase provision and Inflation Protection options help protect the purchasing power of your benefits
- Rehabilitation benefits
- Residual benefits for trial or part-time work
- Communicable disease provision
- Relapse provision
- Organ donor provision